- 2 cups of HerbaZest Amaranth Flakes
- 2 cups of water
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (thinly sliced)
- salt (a pinch or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons of parmesan cheese
- favorite toppings (take a look below for ideas)
Sign up for our newsletter & get our free
Superfood E-book with 50+ healthy recipes
Updated: May 29, 2023
Instead of topping your amaranth flake porridge with yogurt and granola, enjoy it savory for a change. It's tasty, wholesome, and easy to make. Amaranth is naturally rich in complete protein, fiber, and healthy fats. With the right toppings, this savory amaranth flake bowl will give you all the nutrients you need for a balanced meal.
When it comes to garnishing your savory amaranth flake bowl, there's no shortage of options! Some delicious ideas include soft boiled eggs, garlic sautéed spinach, tomatoes, avocado, and sesame seeds.