Making potato soup is a popular way to stay warm and cozy during colder months. This delicious soup is thickened with South American tuber, called arracacha, which helps to keep it creamy and thick. Made with carrots, celery, mushrooms, and potatoes, it will keep you filled and warm when you need it most.
- In a large pot, heat up the butter and sauté onions for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the garlic and sauté for another minute.(4 minutes)
- Add the celery, carrots, mushrooms, salt, and pepper and give everything a mix. Cook for 4 more minutes.(4 minutes)
- Then add the potatoes, reduce the heat to low, and add the arracacha flour. Stir it well until the flour is spread evenly.(2 minutes)
- Add the milk, water (or veggie broth), and bay leaf. Stir thoroughly and let it simmer until potatoes soften. Stir occasionally.(45 minutes)
- Remove the bay leaf. Take out about 3 cups of the soup and blend them until smooth. Then add the pureed soup back into the pot. Adjust the seasoning to your liking.(3 minutes)
- Serve warm and enjoy! You may also garnish your soup with spring onions, crispy tofu, or croutons