Making these maca chocolate cups with pumpkin cream filling is easier than it looks. They are also made with wholesome and nutritious ingredients! Maca and cacao are not only a delicious match made in heaven, but also a powerful duo that offers a multitude of health benefits, including hormonal balance, mood boost, and stamina. The filling, on the other hand, consists of a mildly sweet pumpkin cream cheese that gives this recipe its autumn aroma. But pumpkin - along with its cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg spices - also enriches this healthy dessert with vitamins A, C, and potassium as well as antioxidants and immunity-boosting compounds.
- To make the pumpkin cream cheese, place the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, maple syrup, and brown sugar in a large bowl and whip it up with a handheld mixer until creamy and fluffy. Place in the fridge to chill.(10 minutes)
- To make maca chocolate cups, start by tempering the chocolate. To do, melt the 1 ¼ cup of chocolate in a double boiler until it reaches 105-115 °F (40-46°C). Take it off the stove, add the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate and maca powder and mix it until smooth and melted.(5 minutes)
- Fill the silicone muffin cups with about two tablespoons of melted chocolate and rotate them so that all of the sides are covered. If there is too much chocolate inside the cups, you may pour the excess into the bowl.(10 minutes)
- Place all chocolate filled muffin cups up side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for an hour to solidify.(1 hour)
- Then fill each chocolate cup with pumpkin cream, garnish as desired, and refrigerate the cups before serving. Enjoy!(10 minutes)
When it comes to garnishing your pumpkin cream-filled maca chocolate cups, sky is the limit! You may decorate them with fresh fruits, like mango, figs, strawberries, or blueberries. You can top them with chocolate syrup and crushed nuts, like pecans, walnuts, or cashews. Or you may choose to garnish them simply with cacao nibs or coconut shreds!