The scent of apples with cinnamon will tickle your nostrils as soon as these goldenberry apple muffins hit the oven. They are both delicious and healthy as they contain wholesome ingredients and no refined sugar. Apples, which are rich in dietary fiber and antioxidants, share their natural sweetness, while goldenberries offer an exotic flavor and key nutrients, like potassium or vitamin A. And if that wasn't enough deliciousness, these goldenberry apple muffins are crowned with an aromatic cinnamon oat topping that adds texture and flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F ( 200 degrees C). Meanwhile, hydrate the dried goldenberries by soaking them in hot water for five minutes.
- First, make your oat topping. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil, 1/4 cup of oats, 2 tablespoons of flour, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons of honey. Mix well and set aside.(3 minutes)
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and powder, cinnamon, and salt.(2 minutes)
- In another bowl, mix the coconut oil, vanilla extract, eggs, apple sauce, and drained goldenberries. Then add the mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.(3 minutes)
- Add the grated apples and give it a gentle mix.(2 minutes)
- Divide the batter between the muffin tins (fill them to the top). If using the goldenberry jam, place a teaspoon on each muffin and then top them with the oat topping. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.(25 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
These healthy apple muffins with dried goldenberries will hold fresh for a few days when kept in the fridge in an airtight container.