Simple yet filling, these energizing protein balls could work as a morning or afternoon pick-me-up. Sacha inchi has proven to be the best known vegetable source of protein for maintaining healthy muscle mass, and together with energy-boosting cacao, the duo makes for a perfect boost. Along with fiber-packed dates and cholesterol-lowering cashews that provide this snack with its healthy sustenance, throw in some antioxidant-rich chia to make these protein balls roll.
- Soak the dates in hot water to soften them.(10 minutes)
- As the dates are soaking, crush cashews to the size desired for the protein balls.(2 minutes)
- Drain the softened dates from the water.(1 minute)
- Add the cashews, dates, coconut oil, cacao powder, sacha inchi powder, and chia seeds into a blender or food processor. Blend until you get a smooth consistency, adding milk as needed.(5 minutes)
- Wet hands with water and then roll the mixture into small balls.(5 minutes)
- Sprinkle with coconut shreds if desired.(1 minute)
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat.