If you want to bring some variety into your breakfast meals, try these savory cheese and olives scones. They are easy to make and do not require advanced baking skills. On top of that, they contain the flour of amaranth, which enriches their nutritional profile with complete protein and manganese.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, salt, and sugar.(2 minutes)
- Add in the butter and using a fork, mix it into the dry ingredients.(3 minutes)
- In a small bowl, mix together the eggs and buttermilk.(2 minutes)
- Add the wet ingredients into the flour bowl and give it all a rough mix.(2 minutes)
- Add in the cheese, olives, and basil.(2 minutes)
- Transfer dough into a lightly floured surface and start kneading, while adding more flour if needed.(5 minutes)
- When dough is smooth and everything is well incorporated, form dough into two equal balls. Working one at a time, gently flatted each ball into a thick disk and cut it into 6 wedges.(5 minutes)
- Place all 12 scones on a parchment lined baking sheet, brush them with buttermilk, and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.(20 minutes)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake the scones for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool a little bit before slicing. Enjoy!(25 minutes)