If you are craving nuggets for your next meal, this is your recipe! They are not only baked to reduce fat and intensify the flavor, but also crusted in highly nutritious sacha inchi seeds, which are one of the best plant source of complete protein. They take on a pleasant texture and unique flavor when baked, especially when mixed with vitamin B-rich nutritional yeast, cumin, and paprika. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, these sacha inch-crusted tofu nuggets will be a frequent guest on your dinner table.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the oats in a blender and process until finely ground. Set aside.(1 minute)
- Then place the sacha inchi seeds in a food processor and process them until coarsely ground.(1 minute)
- Prepare by setting up your production line. You will need three bowls and a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- In the first bowl, place the finely ground oats with garlic powder. In the second one, place the egg and whisk it lightly with a little bit of water and a pinch of salt. In the third bowl, place the ground sacha inchi seeds mixed with paprika, salt, pepper, cumin, and nutritional yeast.(5 minutes)
- Cut your tofu into bit-size pieces. Working one at a time, toss a piece of tofu in the oat flour, dunk it into the egg mixture, and then coat it in the sacha inchi crust. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tofu pieces.(5 minutes)
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden. Flip half way through.(30 minutes)
- Serve warm with the preferred dipping sauce. Enjoy!
These sacha inchi tofu nuggets are a great addition to healthy salads! Plate some arugula with tomatoes, chickpeas, alfalfa sprouts, and avocado; whip up some peanut dressing or homemade honey mustard dressing; and you made yourself a delicious and nutritious meal.