Avocado's versatility is not the only feature of this delicious fruit. Besides being a great addition to fresh salads, it can also be baked. Its healthy fats are beneficial in regulating cholesterol levels and supporting heart health while its phytonutrients show anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Along with eggs, avocado provides a decent serving of proteins, crucial for healthy musculature and tissue repair. Sprinkled with nutritious fresh parsley and spicy red chili pepper flakes, this dish is a great way to start your days!
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
- In the meantime, half the avocado lengthwise. Carefully remove the pit, and place each half (cut side up) in an oven-proof dish or a baking sheet.(1 minute)
- Crack one egg into each avocado's pit hole.(1 minute)
- Bake until the whites are set and the yokes are still runny. If a more solid yolk is preferred, bake it for a few minutes longer.(15 minutes)
- Remove from the oven and season with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and a bit of red chili pepper flakes.(1 minute)
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy right away!