Besides being yummy and looking lovely on a plate, peas are a rich source of key nutrients, including protein, fiber, and antioxidants. Combined with protein- and calcium-packed amaranth, they make for a great ingredient in these baked fritters, making them nutritious, flavorful, and satisfying.
- Cook the peas until soft. Drain it and put it in a food processor.(10 minutes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in one tablespoon of olive oil until translucent. Put in the food processor.(5 minutes)
- Process until creamy and thick.(2 minutes)
- Mix in the amaranth flour, baking soda, salt, and Italian seasoning.(1 minute)
- Wet your hands, scoop about a tablespoon of the mixture, and shape it into patties.(5 minutes)
- Lightly brush them with olive oil and bake for about 20-25 minutes, flipping them half way through. They should be golden brown.(25 minutes)