These traditional Middle Eastern sandwich cookies have conquered people's hearts around the world, especially in South America where they are one of the most popular desserts. This take on the classic recipe features a mix of nutritious flours from almonds and arracacha, which add a lovely flavor and soft texture. With pleasant lime undertones, these almond arracacha alfajores are the ultimate treat!
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Mix together the almond flour, arracacha flour, baking soda, and salt.(2 minutes)
- Cream the butter with Xylitol. Beat in the egg yolks. Then add in the water, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.(5 minutes)
- Mix in the flour mixture and mix until it comes together.(5 minutes)
- Roll out the dough into quarter-inch thickness.(5 minutes)
- Cut out 2-inch cookies and gently place them on the baking sheet.(5 minutes)
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.(15 minutes)
- Set aside to cool completely, then fill with dulce de leche or hazelnut spread. Enjoy!(5 minutes)
If you'd like to make your filling from scratch, consider making this homemade chocolate hazelnut spread.