What a better way to start your day than with a delicious chia pudding!
This particular chia pudding recipe features aguaje, which has been shown to promote hormonal balance in the body due to its phytoestrogen content. On top of that, its richness in vitamin A is key for maintaining proper vision and skin health. Chia seeds, on the other, are loaded with nutrients, including manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus. They are also a great source of dietary fiber, which is key for blood sugar regulation and smooth digestion. This aguaje chia pudding is also topped with delicious, homemade caramel sauce and cardioprotective walnuts for ultimate pleasure for your taste buds.
- Start by making overnight chia pudding. In a large bowl, place the chia seeds, 1 cup of milk, vanilla extract, aguaje powder, and vanilla extract. Mix everything together, transfer it to an airtight container, and keep it in the fridge over night.(5 minutes)
- To make the caramel sauce, place the water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.(2 minutes)
- Add the coconut sugar and stir to dissolve and prevent burning.(1 minute)
- Once the mixture starts to bubble and thickens to your desired consistency, take it off the stove and add the remaining half a cup of milk.(5 minutes)
- Transfer to a jar. Refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
- To serve, distribute your chia pudding between one or two jars, top it with desired amount of caramel sauce, and garnish with crushed walnuts. Enjoy!(3 minutes)