- Estimated Time39 Minutes
- 1/3 cup of Basil (fresh leaves)
- 1 teaspoon of Jojoba oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Emulsifying wax
- 2 teaspoons of Shea butter
- 10 drops of Tea tree essential oil
- 1/3 cup of Witch hazel water
Many people have never heard of the benefits of using basil for acne treatment. Indeed, this beloved culinary herb has potent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that are invaluable in fighting acne. Witch hazel, on the other hand, offers cleansing effects that can help combat skin discoloration, leaving it looking even and healthy. At last, the essential oils derived from tea tree help gently exfoliate dead cells and unclog pores, while soothing irritated and itchy skin.
- Place the basil leaves and witch hazel in a blender and process until smooth.(2 minutes)
- Strain the mixture over cheesecloth into a clean jar.(2 minutes)
- Heat the shea butter, jojoba oil, and emulsifying wax into a double boiler.(3 minutes)
- Add the reserved basil witch hazel liquid to the melted mixture and mix. Then set aside to cool completely.(30 minutes)
- Stir in tea tree essential oil. Transfer to an airtight container and store away from direct sunlight.(2 minutes)
If you are searching for an even simpler homemade face cream, this shea peppermint acne cream might be a good fit!