- Estimated Time9 Minutes
- YieldAbout 1-4 cup
- Form of UseTopical
- 10 Peppermint (drops of essential oil)
- 3 tablespoons of Shea Tree (butter)
This acne cream contains only two commonly found ingredients: shea butter and peppermint essential oil. The use of peppermint for acne is well-known due to the herb's antimicrobial and antiseptic properties. Its menthol content also provides a cooling effect that can gently soothe irritated and acne-stricken skin. Shea, on the other hand, is not only antimicrobial, but also happens to be rich in vitamins A and E, both of which are essential for skin hydration, wound healing, and inflammation reduction.
- Using a hand-held mixer, whip up the shea butter until smooth and creamy.(3 minutes)
- Add the peppermint essential oil drops and mix well.(2 minutes)
- Transfer to a container and enjoy!
Apply this shea peppermint cream for acne as often as needed. To preserve its freshness, keep it in a dark, dry place or in the refrigerator.