When you bite into these chocolate chip cookies, you'll find it hard to believe they are made with healthier ingredients than the traditional version. While chocolate is definitely the star of the show, lucuma still manages to share its delicate tropical notes as well as blood sugar-regulating compounds. Chewy and delicious, they are a treat to remember.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C).
- Using a mixer or a fork, mix the butter and sugar until well combined.(3 minutes)
- Then add the soymilk and vanilla extract and give it a mix.(2 minutes)
- Next mix in the baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In two parts, add the flour and lucuma powder. Give it a mix.(5 minutes)
- At last, add the chocolate chips and mix them in with a spoon.(2 minutes)
- Scoop out one tablespoon-worth of dough, roll it into a ball, and place it on a cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough.(5 minutes)
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until the edges are browned. Then remove from oven and let cool completely. Enjoy!(14 minutes)