This easy-to-make recipe combines the energizing and hormone balancing effects of pure Peruvian maca, with the antioxidant benefits of raw nibs from cacao beans and protein-rich almonds. Figs, on the other hand, provide dietary fiber and are low in sugar, while digestive dates help to blend all the ingredients, turning these tasty raw brownies into a healthy, energy boosting snack for any time of the day.
- Cover the dried figs with boiling water and let them sit for about 15 minutes.(15 minutes)
- In a food processor, blend together the soaked figs and dates (without the water) with half of the almonds. Pulse until you obtain a smooth paste.(5 minutes)
- Add the maca powder, the cacao powder and the coconut oil. Pulse until smooth and transfer the mixture into a bowl.(2 minutes)
- Carefully, with the help of a spatula, add the orange zest and the rest of the chopped almonds. Mix until all ingredients are perfectly combined.(1 minute)
- Cover a square pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter. Press and level the preparation until it is evenly distributed.(2 minutes)
- Cover the mixture with cacao nibs. You may also sprinkle some sliced almonds, if you wish.(1 minute)
- Place it in the fridge for about two hours. Then cut into bars and enjoy!(2 hours)