These cookies are a delicious cozy autumn dessert. They are chewy, tender, and bursting with pumpkin and chocolate flavors. They also have a secret ingredient: amaranth flakes. Amaranth is a gluten-free superfood that's rich in protein, fiber, iron, calcium, and antioxidants. Amaranth flakes give these cookies a nutty flavor and a satisfying crunch.
- Place all of the ingredients to a medium bowl. Mix to combine with a wooden spoon.(5 minutes)
- Refrigerate batter for half an hour.(30 minutes)
- Scoop out two tablespoons-worth of batter and drop it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten them slightly to about 1/2-inch thick with the back of a spoon.(10 minutes)
- Bake for about 16 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.(16 minutes)
- Take out from oven and set aside to cool completely. Enjoy drizzled with melted chocolate!