These homemade donuts with lupin bring out the best of lemon and poppy seed flavors. They are easy to put together, bake in a matter of minutes, and have a tender texture and a lovely aroma. Enjoy them as a desert or as your midday on-the-go snack.
- Mix the milk with lemon juice and set it aside for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease a donut pan and set it aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: the flours, baking powder and soda, salt, brown sugar, and poppy seeds.(3 minutes)
- In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients: the egg, vegetable oil, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and lemon milk mixture.(3 minutes)
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and give it a stir. Don't overmix.(3 minutes)
- Spoon batter into donut wells until 3/4 full. Bake for about 10 minutes.(10 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool for a few minutes before taking the donuts out of the pan. Enjoy!
To serve your lupin flour poppy seed donuts with lemon yogurt glaze, mix together ½ cup of Greek yogurt and ¼ cup of powdered sugar. Dip donuts into the glaze and then place them back on the cooling rack to set.