This amaranth chickpea brownie is secretly nutritious. Without knowing its exact ingredients, one could never tell based on its taste that it is made without refined sugar, wheat flour, and unhealthy fats typically found in store-bought brownies.
Its protein richness comes from chickpeas, peanuts, and amaranth, which give this brownie its dense texture and key nutrients. It has been shown that amaranth flour in baked good provides hypotensive benefits, which are necessary for cardiovascular health. Peanuts, on the other hand, are rich in health fats and antioxidant vitamin E, while chickpeas offers decent amounts of folate, which are important for red blood cell formation and function. The addition of brain-boosting cacao makes this amaranth chickpea brownie a truly wholesome treat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C).
- Place the maple syrup, chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Process until smooth.(3 minutes)
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the amaranth flour, baking powder and soda, and cacao powder. Give it a mix until smooth and well combined.(3 minutes)
- Pour the mixture unto a 8x8 pan, garnish with chocolate chips, and bake for 20-25 minutes.(20 minutes)
- Let cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!