This amaranth chickpea brownie is secretly nutritious. Its protein richness comes from chickpeas, peanuts, and amaranth, which give it a dense texture and key nutrients. Additionally, it has been shown that amaranth flour in baked goods provides hypotensive benefits, which are necessary for heart health. The addition of brain-boosting cacao makes this amaranth chickpea brownie a truly wholesome treat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C).
- Place the maple syrup, chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Process until smooth.(3 minutes)
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the amaranth flour, baking powder and soda, and cacao powder. Give it a mix until smooth and well combined.(3 minutes)
- Pour the mixture unto a 8x8 pan, garnish with chocolate chips, and bake for 20-25 minutes.(20 minutes)
- Let cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!