When craving something sweet and delicious but still wholesome and nutritious, these lucuma peanut butter cookies are the way to go!
They come together in no time, require only three ingredients, and leave one happy and satisfied. For starters, lucuma is a mildly sweet exotic fruit from South America that has been beneficial in reducing blood sugar levels and regulating blood pressure. Peanuts offer an abundance of flavor and creaminess as well as compounds recognized for their effects on heart health and muscle recovery. Oats, on the other hand, are an excellent source of soluble fiber, called beta glucan, while maple syrup is a healthier alternative to refined sugar, which also has decent amounts of nutrients, like zinc, manganese, and calcium.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter and maple syrup.(3 minutes)
- Add the oat flour and lucuma powder and give it a mix.(3 minutes)
- Divide the mixture into 10 balls. If the mixture is too sticky, add a little bit more oat flour.(10 minutes)
- Using a fork, flatten each ball into a cookie, leaving a mark.(5 minutes)
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Keep an eye on the cookies to prevent burning. Depending on the oven, they might take slightly less or more time to bake.(12 minutes)
- Cool down before serving and enjoy!
For extra sweetness, drizzle your lucuma peanut butter cookies with melted chocolate.