Making granola at home is a rather simple task, yet capable of making one feel like a winner in her or his own kitchen. It also allows for a full control over the ingredients and opens the door to endless pairing possibilities.
This aromatic cacao amaranth granola tickles one's taste buds from the moment it hits the oven. Flaked amaranth, a South American, protein-rich grain, are the base of this granola recipe. Naturally small and tender, they crisp up while baked and go really well with cacao, which readily shares its mood-boosting compounds. Goji berries, on the other hand, bring a richness of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to the table. Enhanced with pecans and chia seeds, this cacao amaranth granola is a truly delicious and fiber-rich recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F (170 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients, except for the coconut oil, honey, Goji berries, and chocolate chips. Give it a good mix.(3 minutes)
- Mix the coconut oil and honey in a small bowl. And add the mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix it well.(3 minutes)
- Spread the granola evenly on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until deep golden brown and crispy. Flip the mixture once halfway through.(20 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool. Then add the Goji berries and chocolate chips, if using. Enjoy!(2 minutes)
Store your cacao amaranth granola with goji berries in an airtight container. It will stay fresh for a few weeks. Enjoy it with milk, yogurt, fruit salads, and more!