Dried goldenberries are delightful as they are, but when covered in dark chocolate, they are transformed into an irresistible yet wholesome treat. They are also a much lighter alternative to store-bought chocolate-covered goldenberries as making them at home gives you full control over their sugar content.
Moreover, goldenberries' richness in tannins, polyphenols, and carotenoids makes them beneficial for relieving inflammation and regulating blood sugar levels. Cacao's theobromine, on the other hand, is capable of improving mood and increasing energy levels, marking these chocolate-covered dried goldenberries as an ideal pick-me-up.
- Place the cacao and coconut oil in a small saucepan and melt them over low heat.(4 minutes)
- Stir in the honey and cook for a few minutes until chocolate thickens.(1 minute)
- Take off the stove and add the dried goldenberries. Mix until all berries are well coated.(2 minutes)
- Spread the chocolate-covered goldenberries on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet so that they don't touch.(2 minutes)
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for chocolate to harden. If clumps form, break them up with your fingers before serving. Enjoy!
For optimal freshness, store these dried goldenberries covered in chocolate in the fridge.