The best snacks are not only delicious but also made with nutritious ingredients. And these yummy energy bites have the best of both worlds. Sun-colored goldenberries contain tannins, polyphenols, and carotenoids, thanks to which they can reduce inflammation and lower blood sugar levels. Despite its natural sweetness, mango is relatively low in sugar, which also marks it a great option for people with diabetes. Additionally, it is rich in vitamins A and B-complex, essential for skin and eye health. Dates' richness in dietary fiber, on the other hand, can improve digestion and relieve constipation. Cashews and coconut share their fat content, making these balls rich and tasty energy-boosters.
- Grind the nuts and coconut shreds in a food processor into a fine meal. Set aside.(3 minutes)
- Soak the dried mango in hot water for five minutes. Then drain it, dry off excess water, and place it in a food processor.(6 minutes)
- Add the goldenberries and dates. Process until paste-like consistency.(3 minutes)
- Add in the nuts and shredded coconut mixture and the lemon zest. Mix to form a mass that can hold form. If it is too sticky, add more shredded coconut. If too dry, add more dates.(3 minutes)
- With a teaspoon or small ice cream scoop, portion the dough and roll bite-size balls between the palms of your hands.(5 minutes)
- Roll each ball in shredded coconut. Enjoy right away!(2 minutes)