These dark chocolate maca truffles are very easy to make and require only five ingredients, all of which offer a richness of nutrients. Maca and cacao contain energy-boosting compounds that can help beat the afternoon slump, while coconut adds manganese, iron, selenium, and vitamins B. Lightly sweetened with honey, these maca truffles are here to stay!
- Place the dark chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Pour the coconut milk into another bowl and warm it up in a microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the warm coconut milk over the chocolate chips and set aside for a few minutes.(5 minutes)
- Give the mixture a good stir until the chocolate is melted and there are no clumps. Mix in the honey.(5 minutes)
- Stir in the maca powder.(2 minutes)
- Transfer the mixture into glass baking dish. Place in the fridge for three hour or until almost solid.(3 hours)
- Place the cacao powder in a small dish. Take out the chocolate mixture from the fridge. If it's not firm yet, put it back in the fridge for a little longer. Then using a tablespoon, scoop out the mixture and roll it in your hands to form balls. Coat each ball with cacao powder and place on a parchment-lined plate.(15 minutes)
- You may place the truffles in the fridge to firm up a little more. Enjoy!