These chocolate-covered lucuma coconut eggs could not be easier to make. They're also so much healthier than the store-bought versions since we're using pure ingredients, like coconut, lucuma, and cacao. These incredibly rich egg-shaped treats are a delicious pick-me-up during springtime and beyond.
- Mix together the lucuma powder and coconut milk until well combined. Then add 2 tablespoons coconut oil, vanilla extract, and sweetener to taste, if using. Lucuma is slightly sweet so skip the sweetener if the mixture is sweet enough for you.(2 minutes)
- Add in the shredded coconut and give it a mix. The mixture will be slightly wet and sticky. If you added a liquid sweetener (like maple syrup), you may have to add slightly more shredded coconut.(5 minutes)
- Scoop out the mixture and form it into a ball. Then place it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, flatten it slightly, and shape it into an egg.(10 minutes)
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours to set.(2 hours)
- Before taking the eggs out of the freezer, place the cacao powder, maple syrup, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a saucepan. Cook on low until the chocolate is melted and shiny.(5 minutes)
- Dip each egg in chocolate and place it back on the baking sheet. Freeze or refrigerate until set.(10 minutes)
- Before serving, take out of the freezer for 5-10 minutes to soften a little bit. Enjoy!