These two-layered coconut bars are great to have on hand when sudden cravings strike! The base is made with shredded coconut, which offers digestion-improving dietary fiber and vitamins B6, magnesium, and selenium, among other nutrients. The top layer consists of a delicious combination of maca with cacao, both readily sharing remarkable health benefits. Rich in sterols, fatty acid amides, and zinc, maca is a renowned hormone balancer and energy booster, similarly to cacao, whose theobromine has long been recognized for increasing energy levels and improving mood.
- Start making the coconut base. Place the shredded coconut, 1/2 cup of coconut cream, 1/3 cup of maple syrup, and a pinch of salt in the food processor. Process until it is uniform and sticks together when pressed.(2 minutes)
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Transfer the coconut base into the pan and press it with the spatula so that is evenly covers its bottom. Place in the freezer for 45 minutes.(47 minutes)
- A few minutes before taking the coconut base out of the freezer, start making the chocolate. Place 1/2 cup of coconut milk in a small saucepan. Put the head on low and add the coconut oil, maca powder, cacao powder, and maple syrup. Whisk well.(2 minutes)
- Cook the mixture until everything is dissolved and the chocolate thickens.(5 minutes)
- Take the coconut base out of the freezer and slowly pour the chocolate on top of it. Using a spatula, distribute the chocolate evenly on the surface. Garnish it with cacao nibs and shredded coconut. Set aside to cool a little bit.(5 minutes)
- Place it in the freezer for at least an hour, but preferably for a few hours or overnight until it hardens.(1 hour)
- When ready to serve, cut it into bars and enjoy!