When it comes to antioxidant food, green vegetables and nuts are the most popular, but beets have lots of beneficial nutrients, too. Besides being rich in iron, boron, and vitamin B9 (folic acid), they have betacyanin, a polyphenol with powerful antioxidant effects.
The combination of these ingredients in a salad provides great doses of vitamins, dietary fiber, and antioxidants.
- Mix the Greek yogurt with the ground flax.(1 minute)
- Add the apple cider vinegar and salt.(1 minute)
- Whisk until smooth.(1 minute)
- Combine the romaine lettuce with the fresh basil, and place it on a plate.(1 minute)
- On top of everything, add the slices of beet and the chopped raw pecans.(1 minute)
- Distribute the dressing on top of the salad and sprinkle with pepper if desired.