- Estimated Time5 Minutes
- Form of UseOral
- 1 cup of Peppermint (chopped leaves and stalks)
- 1/2 pint of Glycerin (diluted with a ½ pint of water)
This anti-inflammatory peppermint glycerite is a soothing solution for when you are suffering with digestive discomfort. As a carminative, peppermint is especially useful for relieving bloating and indigestion.
- Place the chopped peppermint in a jar and cover with glycerin and water concentration until the liquid rises three inches above the herbs. Tighten the lid of the jar and transfer to a warm location.(2 minutes)
- Leave the herbs to soak for 4 – 6 weeks. Shake the bottle daily during this period.
- Strain the herbs from the liquid and discard the leaves in the compost. Rebottle the liquid and store in a cool, dark location between uses.(3 minutes)
Use this glycerite when suffering with inflammatory bowels and for general ease of digestion. When stored in a cool, dark location (e.g., a cupboard) this tincture will keep indefinitely. Take up to three drops a day in a tea or directly on the tongue.