Those with sensitive skin know the value of a gentle, yet effective body lotion. And this calendula lotion with tangerine might be exactly what their skin needs! It combines the anti-inflammatory and moisturizing effects of jojoba, soothing and antimicrobial properties of calendula, and revitalizing abilities of vitamin A-rich tangerine. When applied on the skin, it deeply nourishes its layers while gently protecting and strengthening it.
- Start by infusing the carrier oil with calendula. Place the flowers in a jar, pour the jojoba oil, and put the lid on. Set aside for at least two weeks.
- When ready to use, strain the liquid, reserving the oil. You may discard the flowers.(2 minutes)
- Create a double boiler and melt the jojoba oil and with beeswax.(5 minutes)
- Take off the stove, mix in the tangerine essential oil, and pour the mixture into a blender.(2 minutes)
- Put the blender on and begin to gradually add the lukewarm water, Process until well mixed and creamy.(5 minutes)
- Transfer into a jar and set aside to set. Enjoy!