The combination of the soothing ingredients in this homemade lotion is exactly what the skin needs. Milk, thanks to its lactic acid and essential minerals, has been used for ages for hydrating the skin, lightening its tone, and reducing pigmentation. Honey has skin-repairing and anti-aging compounds, which - when combined with milk and honey - help keep the body glowing and healthy. Oats, on the other hand, have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, giving the skin a protective shield against infections.
- Place the oats in a bowl, add half a cup of water, and left to soak overnight.
- The following day, place the oats in a food processor and blend until smooth.(2 minutes)
- In a small saucepan, warm the milk being careful not to bring it to a boil. When warm, set aside.(3 minutes)
- Melt the cocoa butter, wax, coconut oil, and honey in another pot.(3 minutes)
- Pour the melted mixture and warm milk into a glass jar and mix well.(2 minutes)
- Then add the lemon juice and liquefied oatmeal while constantly mixing it. When well combined, set the jar aside to cool down completely. Stir it every 15 minutes until it thickens and reaches room temperature.(1 hour)
Store this milk and honey lotion in the refrigerator for no longer than six weeks. Apply to clean and dry skin as often as necessary.