- Estimated Time11 Minutes
- Yield2 servings
The increasingly cooler days of autumn call for warm beverages, and without a doubt, pumpkin is the indisputable king of this season. A number of recipes use this versatile vegetable as a main ingredient. Among them, the pumpkin latte has become a classic, and many versions of it can be found. This delicious, vegan pumpkin spice latte recipe, creamy but low in calories, can be exactly what you need to warm you up on a chilly day!
- First, you will need to brew half a cup of coffee. A espresso can also add an extra punch of flavor and caffeine.(5 minutes)
- While brewing your coffee, put the almond milk at the microwave until hot.(1 minute)
- Pour the freshly brewed coffee and 3/4 of the almond milk to a blender. Add the two tablespoons of pumpkin puree, the stevia, and most of the spices, reserving some for decoration. Blend until creamy.(3 minutes)
- Pour the creamy mixture into the cups and clean up the blender.(1 minute)
- Add the rest of the almond milk to the blender and blend to high speed until frothy. A good trick to give it a more creamy consistency is to add a pinch of xantham gum.(30 seconds)
- With a the help of a spoon, drop the frothy almond milk over the pumpkin spice latte mixture. Sprinkle the remaining mix of spices on top.(30 seconds)
Drink this low-calorie, comforting pumpkin spice coffee latte at any time of the day, alone or with a sweet treat, like a Goldenberry Linzertorte, a Whole-wheat Apple Pie, a piece of Prune Cake, or some Anise Seed Cookies. You can also transform this recipe into a spiced pumpkin chai latte by replacing coffee with a dark type of tea, such as Oolong or Darjeeling.