This moist cake is a great way to include the health benefits of prunes into a pleasant celebration. Its aroma and rich texture make its fiber content seem like no obligation at all.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and oil in a small bowl until well blended.(3 minutes)
- In a separate bowl, sift both flours, oat bran, baking soda, cinnamon, and allspice.(5 minutes)
- Add the first mixture into the dry ingredients and mix lightly, only until everything is moist. Add the prunes.(5 minutes)
- Spread the batter into a greased nonstick baking pan.(2 minutes)
- Place inside the oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes.(30 minutes)
This cake can serve approximately 16 people, although many may ask for seconds.