These crunchy fruit and nut bars with dried goldenberries are an ideal nutritious dessert or healthy snack. They offer all three macronutrients: plant-based protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates as well as important micronutrients, like goldenberry's vitamin A, almond's copper, or prune's vitamin K, among others. On top of that, they are drizzled with dark chocolate, making them the perfect pick-me-up for an afternoon slump.
- Preheat the oven to 320°F (160°C). Roughly chop all of the nuts and dried fruits, place them in a large bowl, and give them a mix.(3 minutes)
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and coconut sugar and mix until everything is coated.(3 minutes)
- Whip the egg until fluffy and opaque.(10 minutes)
- Add the egg to the mixture and mix to combine.(3 minutes)
- Press the mixture into a parchment paper lined, 8-inch by 8-inch baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.(30 minutes)
- Take the pan out of the oven and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with coconut oil in the microwave.(10 minutes)
- Make 12-16 bars, drizzle them with chocolate, and let them set. Enjoy!(10 minutes)
Store these goldenberry fruit and nut bars in the fridge for up to a week.