- TitlePLoS ONE
- Date21 Nov 2014
- PublisherPublic Library of Science
The Public Library of Science, or PLoS, is a grassroots organization that aims to encourage the active participation of scientists at every level, as well as supporting the dissemination of scientific information. They run a series of different scientific peer-reviewed journals on disciplines like biology, medicine, computational biology, and genetics.
PLoS ONE is the open-access journal devoted to publishing original and primary research from any scientific discipline. It offers researchers the opportunity to provide quick, thorough, and fair professional peer reviews. Their business model allows them to encourage publication from low and middle income countries, which are typically the ones to have more limited access to traditional publications.
- Acai, Polysaccharides Isolated from Açaí Fruit Induce Innate Immune Responses
- Apple, Ursolic Acid Increases Skeletal Muscle and Brown Fat and Decreases Diet-Induced Obesity, Glucose Intolerance and Fatty Liver Disease, 2012
- Cayenne, A capsaicin (8%) patch in the treatment of severe persisitent inquinal postherniorrhapaty pain a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, 2014
- Chili Pepper, A capsaicin (8%) patch in the treatment of severe persisitent inquinal postherniorrhapaty pain a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, 2014
- Kombu, Fucans, but not fucomannoglucuronans, determine the biological activities of sulfated polysaccharides from Laminaria saccharina brown seaweed
- Sweet Potato, Disentangling the Origins of Cultivated Sweet Potato (Ipomoea batatas (L.) Lam.), 2013