About the Site
The Royal Horticultural Society's Plant Finder has over 250,000 plant records on file. This search engine is a powerful tool that can find plants based on certain aspects, such as the soil they grow in, the plant type, and the size. The database is also useful for identifying the nuances between different subspecies, varieties, and cultivars of the same species. The RHS also publishes a physical copy of the Plant Finder, which contains more than 70,000 plants.
About the Organization
The Royal Horticultural Society was founded in 1806 in London, but it did not receive its designation as "royal" until 1861. It is the world's leading garden charity. It aims to protect gardens and green spaces, educate the community, and beautify neighborhoods. In addition, it organizes several inspirational garden shows annually to promote horticulture.
- Artichoke, Globe Artichokes
- Asparagus, Asparagus
- Bay Laurel, Bay Tree (Laurus nobilis)
- Black Cohosh, Actaea racemosa
- Blackcurrant, Whitecurrants
- California Poppy, Plant Selector: Eschscholzia californica
- Chia, Index of Garden Plants
- Echinacea, 'Echinacea purpurea'
- Fuchsia, Fuchsia magellanica, lady's eardrops
- Ginkgo, Ginkgo biloba
- Guelder Rose, Viburnum opulus
- Honeysuckle, Honeysuckle (Lonicera)
- Jasmine, Jasmine
- Juniper, Juniperus communis 'Hibernica'
- Kiwi, Kiwi fruit
- Licorice, Allsorts of Liquorice
- Linden, Tilia cordata
- Mullein, Verbascum thapsus
- Passion Flower, Passionflower
- Peach, Grow your Own, Peaches
- Peony, Paeonia officinalis 'Rubra Plena' (d) AGM
- Prune, Grow your own plums
- Raspberry, Grow Your Own Raspberries ; Rubus idaeus 'Malling Admiral'
- Rose, Rosa canina
- Rosemary, Rosmarinus officinalis 'Majorca Pink'
- Savory, Satureja montana; Satureja hortensis
- Spearmint, Mentha spicata spearmint
- Tomato, Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Turtlehead, Chelone obliqua
- Wild Strawberry, Strawberries
- Witch Hazel, Hamamelis (witch hazel)
- Yarrow, Achillea millefolium