About the Site
Mayo Clinic's site offers hundreds of patient education fact sheets that are detailed while remaining easy to understand. They cover topics as such healthy lifestyle, symptoms, conditions, procedures, herbal and vitamin supplements, and more. Each treatment page also mentions lifestyle changes and alternative approaches to managing the disease. The fact sheets are also available in Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, and Mandarin.
About the Institution
Mayo Clinic, founded in 1889, is a non-profit medical center and research group based in Minnesota. It currently has more than 3,300 physicians on staff as well as around 500 scientists. It is currently ranked as the best hospital in the U.S.
- Bell Pepper, Capsaicin (Topical Route)
- Ginger Effects, Nonulcer stomach pain
- Ginger Pills, Herbal Supplements: What to know before you buy
- Ginger Supplements, Herbal supplements: What to know before you buy
- Ginger Tablets, Herbal supplements: What to know before you buy
- Ginger Water, Effects of a ginger extract on knee pain in patients with osteoarthritis, 2001
- Is Quinoa a Cereal?, Nutrition and healthy eating, Are there whole-grain options that are gluten-free?
- Is Quinoa a Vegetable?, Fruit of vegetable - Do you know the difference?
- Is Quinoa a Whole Grain?, Nutrition and healthy eating, Are there whole-grain options that are gluten-free?
- Kombucha Tea, What is kombucha tea? Does it have any health benefits?
- Organic Quinoa, Organic foods: Are they safer? More nutrition?
- Quinoa Fiber, Dietary fiber: Essential for a healthy diet | Fiber: Daily recommendations for adults
- Quinoa Iron, Iron deficiency anemia, Prevention
- Sacha Inchi, Omega-3 fatty acids, fish oil, alpha-linolenic acid
- Shea Tree, Triglycerides: Why do they matter?
- Tea Tree, Drugs and Supplements, Tea tree oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
- Witch Hazel, Postpartum care: What to expect after a vaginal delivery