- Estimated Time7 Minutes
- Yield1 cup
- Form of UseTopical
- 1 cup of Sea salt (or Kosher salt)
- 1 teaspoon of Ginger (thinly grated)
- 1 teaspoon of Mustard Seed (whole)
- 1/2 cup of Coconut (oil)
Salt scrubs are one of the best ways to exfoliate and bring back life to flaky skin. Mustard seeds, rich in vitamin A, C, and K, will warm up the skin, opening its pores and relaxing tense muscles. Ginger, on the other hand, is a renowned antioxidant helpful in healing inflammation and improving skin pigmentation. Pairing these potent herbs with a moisturizing coconut oil will leave the body deeply rejuvenated and smooth.
- Grind the mustard seeds so that some of the particles are still present.(3 minutes)
- Place the sea salt and liquefied coconut oil into a bowl. Mix well.(2 minutes)
- Add the mustard seeds and grated ginger. Mix to combine.(2 minutes)
- Transfer into a jar and enjoy!
Apply to wet skin in a gentle, circular motion while taking a shower or a bath. Avoid scrubbing delicate areas. Rinse off with warm water. Adjust the amount of ginger and mustard to your liking if stronger or mellower effects are desired.