New Study: Good Nutrition Enhances Better Sleep and Good Sport Performance
- Posted on: Facebook, Twitter
- Post Date: 14 May 2014
Performance in elite athletes can be boosted through nutritional interventions that enhance sleep!
Sleep deprivation can alter an athlete's nutrition, metabolism, and endocrine levels. It can even hinder their learning, memory, cognition, pain perception, immunity, and - ultimately - their performance.
Consuming valerian is one way to enhance sleep and, in turn, athletic performance. This herb has compounds that function like the neurotransmitters that induce sleep, thus promoting deep, restful slumber.
Read more insights about this research:
Dr. Shona L. Halson of the Australian Institute of Sport reports her findings about athletic performance and sleep in the journal Sports Medicine. The study includes details on how sleep can be enhanced nutritionally, including with valerian, an herb that induces restful sleep.
- Did You Know: How to Get Better Sleep
- Quote: Push Yourself Because No One Else is Going to Do It For You
- Quote: If You Keep Good Food In Your Fridge, You Will Eat Good Food
- Quote: There is No Diet That Will Do What Eating Healthy Does
- Quote: The Expert in Anything Was Once a Beginner
- Quote: Health Is a Relationship Between You and Your Body
- Quote: Sleep Less and Dream More
- Quote: To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
- Quote: Health Is the Result of Investing in Good Nutrition
- Special Date: Fathers Day