New Study: Artificial Sleep Medications Lead to Increased Car Accidents
- Posted on: Facebook, Twitter
- Post Date: 04 Jun 2014
The FDA announced recently that it would require manufacturers of sleep aids to reduce the recommended dosages, since their use has been linked to an increment in car accidents.
Studies showed that up to 15% of women and 3% of men who took such drugs experienced significant psychomotor and memory impairment the next morning, leaving them unable to perform certain tasks such as driving.
On the other hand, herbal remedies like Valerian - which has anti-insomnia and anxiolytic properties - would make an optimal replacement to these drugs because of their milder side effects.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced it is requiring the manufacturers of widely used sleep drugs, mainly those containing the active ingredient zolpidem, to lower current recommended doses.
- Did You Know: How to Get Better Sleep
- Quote: Push Yourself Because No One Else is Going to Do It For You
- Quote: If You Keep Good Food In Your Fridge, You Will Eat Good Food
- Quote: There is No Diet That Will Do What Eating Healthy Does
- Quote: The Expert in Anything Was Once a Beginner
- Quote: Health Is a Relationship Between You and Your Body
- Quote: Sleep Less and Dream More
- Quote: To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
- Quote: Health Is the Result of Investing in Good Nutrition
- Special Date: Fathers Day