- Estimated Time30 Minutes
- Form of UseTopical
- 2 ounces of Ginger (fresh, grated)
- 1/4 cup of Water (hot)
Ginger has a natural warming and anti-inflammatory effect on the body. This soft poultice brings relief to the womb after prolapse or an injury, and it can help improve circulation. It also provides a feeling of relaxation and stress relief.
- Pour about ¼ cup of hot water over the ginger.
- Place the hot ginger mixture in a cotton cloth and fold it over. The end of the poultice can be tied with a cotton string to make it easier to handle.
- Situate the poultice on your pelvic area, cover it with a thick towel, and place a heating pad over that.
- Relax with the poultice in place.(30 minutes)
This poultice is applied topically on the pelvic area and left for 20 - 30 minutes in order to let its therapeutic effects sink in. For those looking for additional stress relief, the poultice may be complemented by a massage or soothing music.