- Estimated Time7 Minutes
- Form of UseTopical
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut oil
- 4 drops of Oregano essential oil
- 2 tablespoons of Beeswax
- 4 drops of Helichrysum essential oil
Although small scrapes and minor cuts usually go away quickly, they can be quite annoying and painful while they last. Luckily, nature has its own solutions to tackle them with ease.
This homemade ointment for minor cuts comes together quickly and takes advantage of the healing properties of two herbs: oregano and helichrysum. Oregano contains monoterprenes and sesquiterpes, which are behind its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. When used topically, oregano essential oil can effectively sanitize superficial wounds, cuts, and scrapes. Helichrysum, on the other hand, has been shown to reduce inflammation, promote wound healing, and prevent infections. Equipped with this powerful oregano helichrysum ointment, your scrapes and cuts will be a thing of the past in no time.
- Melt the beeswax and coconut oil in a double boiler.(5 minutes)
- Take the mixture off the stove and mix in the essential oils.(2 minutes)
- Transfer the ointment to a tin and refrigerate until solid.
Apply this antibacterial oregano helichrysum ointment several times a day until you see improvements.
It is always best to consult with a doctor to ensure the wound does not require a more advanced treatment.