- Estimated Time45 Minutes
- YieldAbout 1 1/2 cup
- Form of UseTopical
- 1 teaspoon of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of Coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Matcha Tea
- 1/3 cup of Shea butter
- 10 drops of Peppermint essential oil
Your skin will thank you for making this peppermint matcha whipped body butter! Its moisturizing effects come from a mix of three fats derived from coconut, shea tree, and olives, all of which safe on the skin and rich in nutrients. When combined, they contain a richness in linoleic and oleic fatty acids for optimal skin oil balance; antimicrobial constituents that might shield the skin from infections; and other compounds for proper hydration and overall health.
An additional skin-nourishing boost comes from two more potent ingredients: matcha, a highly concentrated type of green tea that is rich in anti-inflammatory compounds; and peppermint whose menthol offers cooling and soothing effects.
- Melt the coconut oil, olive oil, and shea butter in a small sauce pan.(5 minutes)
- Once melted, transfer the liquid into a glass bowl and place in the fridge to cool down and solidify.(30 minutes)
- Take the bowl out of the fridge when the oils are semi-solid, add the matcha powder and peppermint essential oil and whip the mixture up with a handheld mixer or a standing mixer until light and fluffy. If it does not whip well, put the bowl back in the fridge for the oils to harden a little more.(10 minutes)
- Transfer the whipped body butter into an airtight container.
This whipped body butter with matcha and peppermint is best when stored in the refrigerator. Apply to clean, dry skin. Use within 2-3 months.