- Estimated Time30 Minutes
- YieldAbout 4 cups
- Form of UseOral
- 1/2 cup of Bilberry (dried)
- 4 cups of Water
- 1/2 cup of Passion fruit juice
Retinopathy, especially if diabetes-related, is the leading cause of blindness in the U.S. Preventing this condition requires long-term dietary management as well as additional lifestyle changes. Bilberry is known to improve eyesight thanks to its richness in anthocyanin, a powerful antioxidant. In addition, it has been found to mildly lower blood sugar levels. With a splash of refreshing, vitamin A-rich juice extracted from the passion fruit, you're in for a pleasant medicinal brew.
- Bring water to a rapid boil.
- Add the dried bilberry and reduce to very low.
- Let simmer over very low heat.(30 minutes)
- Remove from heat and add the passion fruit juice.
Drink at least two cups of this bilberry infusion for improving vision a day. You can let it cool and add ice cubes for a refreshing iced tea alternative.