- Estimated Time6 Minutes
- Yield1 1/2 cup
- Form of UseOral
- 1/2 cup of Elderberry
- 1/2 cup of Bilberry
- 1 1/2 cups of Vodka
Diabetes is a chronic condition that requires constant management since in its later stages, it can bring a cluster of eye-related issues, such as cataracts, glaucoma, and diabetic retinopathy - a clouding of the retina caused by chronically high sugar levels. Thanks to the glucose-lowering effects of bilberries and elderberries, this powerful tincture can help you to prevent much of this irreversible damage, especially when used alongside sensible dietary choices.
- Using a knife, chop the berries.(2 minutes)
- Add them to a jar with a tightly-fitting lid.(1 minute)
- Pour the vodka over the berries so that they are completely submerged.(1 minute)
- Put the lid on and leave the jar in a dry, warm place for 4 to 6 weeks. Shake occasionally.
- Then thoroughly strain the mixture over a cheesecloth and store the liquid in tincture bottles. Discard the pulp.(2 minutes)
Due to its potency, this bilberry elderberry tincture should be carefully measured before consumption. Standard dosage is 1/4-1/2 teaspoon per glass of water every morning before breakfast.
If you prefer to use a non-alcoholic solvent, glycerin is an effective alcohol substitute in tinctures.