- Estimated Time20 Minutes
- Form of UseOral
These homemade capsules combine the anti-inflammatory power of turmeric with the soothing aroma of peppermint. They are relatively simple to make, and allow for reasonably good dosage control. They are a good alternative for those suffering from an acute flare-up of arthritis or other painful conditions.
- Mash the peppermint leaves in a mortar until crumbled completely.(1 minute)
- Mix all the resulting powder with the carob flour and turmeric powder until distributed evenly.(1 minute)
- Place a ½ a teaspoon of the resulting mix on top of a 2x2 inch piece of parchment paper.
- Twist the piece of paper into a funnel and use it to help fill both ends of each capsule with the powder mix, leaving a bit of extra space in the middle part of the capsule.(3 minutes)
- Join the two ends of the capsule tightly. Repeat this process until all needed capsules are done, or all powder has been used up.(15 minutes)
Take one capsule with some water before every meal until symptoms subside, though dosage can vary depending on the the intensity of inflammation and the body's response. It can be adjusted to fit personal needs with the advice of a doctor. These pills may be stored indefinitely if kept in an airtight bottle or flask, in order to keep them dry and cool.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided is intended only as a general reference for further exploration, and is not a replacement for professional health advice. This information should be used only under the direct supervision of a qualified health practitioner such as a naturopathic physician. Information contained in HerbaZest.com is based on pharmacological records, scientific research, traditional knowledge and historical data, both old and modern. HerbaZest.com cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information provided.